Getting sober is difficult, but the benefits of living of a healthy life that’s free of alcohol makes it all worth it. One of the greatest challenges we have to deal with during the early stages of alcohol treatment in New Hampshire is insomnia. Lack of sleep not only is exhausting, but it is also a trigger for relapse. As a result, knowing how to get a good night’s rest is essential. While we’ve all heard the generic advice on how to sleep soundly through the night, there are some tips that work specifically to those battling early sobriety insomnia. Keep reading for some helpful tips for getting a good night’s sleep during alcohol treatment in New Hampshire.
5 Ways to Sleep Soundly During Alcohol Treatment in New Hampshire
- Avoid caffeine at night meetings. Instead, try swapping for some calming chamomile tea.
- Avoid difficult conversations at night. Emotional or stressful talks get your brain running in high gear, which makes it hard to fall asleep.
- Turn off your phone to eliminate any chance of being awakened by phone calls or text messages.
- Stick to a regular bedtime schedule. Try to turn down any activities or invitations that are past your designated bedtime.
- Find your inner Zen before bed. Some reading or meditations can do wonders for sleep.
Don’t worry, early sobriety will pass. In the meantime, you have the above tips to help. Then, before you know it, you will be sleeping better than you have in years. If you are interested in getting any more tips or are thinking about seeking alcohol treatment in New Hampshire, contact us today. Our addiction professionals are eager to help you on the road towards to sobriety.