Alcohol abuse can have countless detrimental effects on your life and well-being. As a result, if you suspect that you or a loved one might have an alcohol problem, it’s essential to seek help at an alcohol rehab in New Hampshire. Avoiding treatment will only lead to more problems, some that can have irreversible effects on your mind. How does alcohol affect your brain? Keep reading to find out.
10 Detrimental Effects of Alcohol on the Brain
- Accelerated brain shrinkage.
- Blackouts, memory loss, and emotional outbursts.
- Muscle movement and coordination issues.
- The growth of new brain cells is slowed down.
- Development of learning disabilities.
- Possible thiamine deficiency, which affects your cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- Suppressed ability to become sexually aroused and perform sexual acts.
- Improper sleeping patterns.
- Numbness of your body as a result of peripheral neuropathy.
- Changes in temperature, heart rate, and breathing, which can lead to unconsciousness and possibly death.
Contact Our Alcohol Rehab in New Hampshire to Learn More
Don’t let alcohol abuse damage your brain, body, relationships, and wallet more than it already has. Seek help for your alcohol addiction at our alcohol rehab in New Hampshire. Here at New England Recovery and Wellness Centers, we have a brand new, state-of-the-art facility in beautiful Concord, New Hampshire that is currently accepting new clients. There is no better place to finally begin your journey towards a sober, healthy, and happy life. The RAW staff is ready to help you. Contact us to speak with one of outreach coordinators today.