Alcohol may be a legal substance that lowers your anxiety and inhibitions. But it also has a broad range of side effects that can be extremely detrimental. While not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic, anyone whose life is negatively affected by alcohol on a consistent basis is considered to have an alcohol use disorder. If you have an alcohol problem, it’s essential to seek help from an alcohol rehab in New Hampshire. For those unsure about whether or not they have a problem, here are 11 warning signs of alcoholism.
11 Warning Signs of Alcoholism
- You often find yourself drinking alone and in secrecy.
- You feel the need or compulsion to drink.
- You are unable to stop or control the amount of alcohol you drink.
- You’ve lost interest in activities and hobbies that you once found enjoyable.
- You make drinking a priority over your responsibilities, such as your job, school, or family.
- You become irritable when it gets near your usual drinking time, especially if alcohol isn’t available.
- You keep alcohol in unlikely places at home, at work, or in your car.
- You have feelings of guilt associated with drinking.
- You experience physical withdrawal symptoms (sweating, anxiety, etc.) whenever you abstain from drinking.
- You have a drink first thing in the morning.
- You continue to drink, despite health, financial, or family problems.
Contact Our Alcohol Rehab in New Hampshire for Help Now
If you experience any or all of the above warning signs of alcoholism, our alcohol rehab in New Hampshire can help. Begin your journey towards sobriety by contacting New England Recovery and Wellness today.